Brooke Hochstein ‘17: It’s that time of year again! Time to snuggle up under a warm blanket on the couch with a hot cocoa in hand and watch Halloween movies. Here are some of the very best Halloween movies that air on Disney Channel every October to get you in the season.
- Halloweentown: The first movie came out in 1998, and it was so good they made three more. The story begins with a young girl finding out she is a witch. She’s then forced to rescue a mystical land called Halloweentown in order to save her mom and grandma. This one’s a classic, if you haven’t seen it yet, watch it!
- Hocus Pocus: Released in 1993, this one will always be a classic. The plot includes three witch sisters who come back from the dead. It is up to three kids to stop the witches from ruining trick or treating in Salem, Massachusetts.
- Twitches: This is one I’m sure almost every ‘90s kid has watched at least once. It’s the classic tale of twins separated at birth being reunited on their birthday, only this time they realize they’re witches. Twin Witches. Twitches. The movie first premiered in 2005.
- The Nightmare Before Christmas: There’s an ongoing debate of whether or not it’s a Halloween or Christmas movie, but either way it’s a must watch movie for the month of October. This movie is different from all the rest because it is animated full of musical numbers.
- Mom’s Got a Date with a Vampire: This scary tale tells the story of two kids setting their single mother up on a blind date. Little did they know the mystery man was actually a vampire! Disney Channel first aired the movie in 2000, and it continues to be played on the channel in the weeks before Halloween.
Whether you’re staying in for Halloween or going out with your friends in your favorite costume; don’t forget to watch one of these classic Disney movies from your childhood to get you in the Halloween spirit!