Cambell Geibel ‘21: Students of Romeo High School experienced a little excitement on Friday, March 1st, as the school experienced a partial power loss and moments later staff and students heard the fire alarm sound. Students waited outside while fire trucks arrived at the school to identify the problem. After examining the building, firemen deemed it safe to go back in and continue the school day.

An email went out to parents and staff of Romeo High School stated:

The cause of the smoke was from an air handler fan on top of the roof above the Video Production room (not in the building). The brown out cause the fan to malfunction and smoke; the smoke then carried in the Video Production room via the air handler vents.

Thankfully, the incident proved harmless and Romeo students got to continue learning safely.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.