Our publication values the community’s opinion, and we want to encourage and foster discussion amongst our community. We welcome our readers to comment on current issues and online content. All comments are reviewed by our editors and/or adviser prior to approval. We reserve the right to edit comments based on inappropriate content, style, grammar and context. The views expressed in comments are solely the authors’ and do not reflect the views of Juliet Journal staff members, editors and advisers.
As an online publication, we have the benefit of almost instantaneous feedback on our content. However, some material is not appropriate for publication, including:
- Sexually obscene comments
- Comments containing profanity
- Comments harshly criticizing coaches, administrators, teachers, and/or individual students:
- “Coach Smith is an idiot and blew the game. He needs to stop playing losers and let the stars stay in. He is too worried about pleasing parents.”
- “Coach Smith should have called a timeout in the last thirty seconds to draw up a play. He needed to refocus his players so they could have made the game winner.”
- Libelous comments: False statements, written or broadcast, which tend to:
- Bring any person into public hatred, contempt or ridicule
- Cause a person to be shunned or avoided or
- Injure a person in his business or profession
- THINK: PIHF
The Juliet Journal is an online press(R News) intended to inform the school community and provide an open forum, which includes comments and letters to the editor. Letters must include a name to the be printed; anonymous letters will not. The staff retains the rights to editing for grammatical purposes. Opinions expressed throughout the paper do no reflect the views of Romeo High School, its administration, the school board, or its adviser. The Juliet Journal Staff works to produce a quality publication. In the event of an error, please contact the staff at email@example.com and a correction will be made as soon as possible.