Mikela Gorski 15’ – Nerves are stirring because the ACT is tomorrow! Junior year seems to have just begun, and now you’re already taking the ACT. Here are some helpful tips to aid you in your test taking.
- Read each question carefully.
- Don’t cram. Studying at the last minute will only stress you out more.
- Rely on on the strategies you have learned through ACT test preparation.
- During the reading portion focus on the big ideas in each passage, not the small details.
- For the science passages don’t be confused by irrelevant information or technical terminology. Most science reasoning passages have them, and they can almost always be ignored.
- If you get stumped while completing your math multiple choice questions, try substituting numbers for variables. You can also try plugging in numbers from the answer choices. Start with the middle number.
- Stay positive. Positivity breeds positivity.
- Do not forget your photo ID, calculator or a number 2 pencil.
- Answer every question. You are not penalized for guessing.
- Don’t second guess yourself.
Follow these simple tips, get plenty of sleep and remember to pace yourself. The ACT will be over in no time.